Have Some Questions?
You can host your site or application in different ways, and there are pros and cons for each use case.
- Shared Hosting - where your site sits on a server with other sites and you manage it via a control panel. This is the cheapest hosting, and you share resources with other sites. The apartment/flat building hosting model.
- VPS Hosting - Virtual Private Server is a hybrid hosting model in between shared hosting and dedicated server hosting. There are fewer sites hosted on the same server, and resources between them are managed more intelligently. Like a town house complex instead of an apartment complex.
- Dedicated Hosting - a single physical server you can completely control. It's like having your own house, instead of a flat or a town house.
- Cloud Hosting - The site may be hosted across multiple servers based on a cloud infrastructure, typically using advanced containerization technology. It's like a virtual house, in the cloud!
- Managed WordPress Hosting - Can be either a cloud hosting or dedicated hosting model to host your site(s), but it is pre-configured for WordPress performance and complex server management tasks. They come with advanced admin consoles to help you manage the site(s) effectively and efficiently, so you don't have to worry about expensive expert server admins to do it.
Both managed and fully managed WordPress hosting manage your server as well as your application stack. Fully managed WordPress hosts go one step further by also providing WordPress expert support to help you handle application or technical issues.
Fully managed WordPress hosting will therefore cost you more. If you are comfortable with WordPress application development and hosting tools, then you can save some money by choosing a managed WordPress hosting provider.
For simple applications that have relatively low traffic you can generally get away with a shared server host. This is not recommended if you have any sort of complex application, such as:
- e-learning LMS (Learning Management System)
- Custom app
These types of applications have specialized requirements in back-end, front-end, and database that demand higher levels of consistent server performance, especially with medium to high traffic loads. Site responsiveness and performance is also a key metric search engines (Google, Bing, etc) use to rank your site for SEO discovery.
This depends on a number of things:
- Your business goals
- The stage of development your site is at
- Site functionality
- Likely traffic
- Technical skills
We also invite you to contact us via this form for any questions or suggestions.
These are the most frequently asked questions about web hosting. If you cannot find an answer to your question, we invite you to consult our blog articles page for information. We also invite you to contact us via this form for any questions or suggestions.